Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for graduates of both EPSC (Essential Level I Personal Styling Course) and of The Complete Level III Personal Stylist Training. These two courses are pre-requisite for attending TTT with Carla Mathis.
If you are interested in taking these pre-requisite courses to qualify for the TTT course, here is information and links to info/enroll:
*Please note that the Essential course is an intensive foundational course which is a pre-requisite for the Complete Course.
If you will have graduated from both the Level I and III courses and see yourself as a teacher/educator/trainer in this field, this course is for you.
What you will Gain
- Get a practical, how-to overview of the entire training function for The Essential Personal Stylist Course (EPSC) from start to finish.
- Through modeling of the best practices and techniques Carla has used in training delivery, new trainers will gain a strong foundation in the course materials and seasoned trainers will be versed in well-tested approaches for delivering powerful training.
- Discover how to get student engagement, thorough comprehension of topics through exercises, and applicable tools and techniques that are used to successfully teach this course & content.
Why You Should Attend
- To become more confident in your understanding of the EPSC material and methodologies as you build your client practice and presentations
- To receive in depth mentorship in leadership from Carla Mathis
- To become Certified as a Style Core Trainer for EPSC, with the ability to become a licensed provider of this course & material
- To learn the basics of adult learning theory and instructional design methodology.
- To learn and apply effective training techniques for managing participants, engaging a variety of learning styles, creating an effective positive learning environment, and managing classroom challenges.
- To develop engaging courses which are learner-centered.
What to Expect
Application & Survey: Course applicants must complete and send in an application and survey to get accepted to this program. If The Style Core determines that you are a candidate, you will receive a link to pay a deposit of $1,000 to enroll and confirm your spot, due no later then 45 days before the course. The balance of tuition will be due by one week prior to the course. Click here for the Application & Survey.
- Pre-Work: Re-read EPSC student notes and the TIS
- Homework: You may find it necessary to review some of the exercises for your skills practice outside of the classroom.
- Supplemental Resources: EPSC student notes and Powerpoint presentations to be provided. Level III Master Color set & Paints will be available for use at TTT and the Practicum follow up course.
- Post-Work: Several add-on optional modules will be available. Please read to the end to learn about these.
The deadline to apply for this program is August 31, 2018. A Deposit to confirm enrollment is due by September 5, 2018.
What Will I Learn?
After this program, you will be able to:
- Present and facilitate EPSC, including use of visuals and handouts. *Note: Practicum module is required for Certification to teach EPSC.
- Use training activities and alternatives to lecture, strategize for different learning needs, and create effective learning.
- Manage and encourage participants of all backgrounds and learning styles.
- Prepare properly for a training session, and prepare participants to foster learning.
- Address challenging participants and behaviors.
How Long Is This Course?
- Face-to-Face: 5 days
- Post course optional modules: Add on modules will involve additional training time both online and in person as noted below.
Course tuition is $3,150 with early enrollment (Dates TBD), and afterwards tuition will be $3,300. To find out if you qualify for TTT, submit the application survey. Upon acceptance you will receive information for how to send a deposit of $1,000, or full tuition to enroll and confirm your spot. The deposit is non-refundable, but if you need to cancel and do so by at least 2 weeks prior to the course, the deposit amount can be credited towards a future class or service for up to 1 year. The balance of tuition will be due by one week prior to the course.
Optional Add-on Modules
Practicum EPSC with real students
6 DAYS (1 day preparation + 5 days training) 3-5 months following the TTT course.
THIS MODULE IS REQUIRED TO BECOME A CERTIFIED STYLE CORE TRAINER OF EPSC.
Participating graduates who wish to become Certified to teach EPSC can opt to schedule & promote a Practicum course (as a group) following TTT which Carla Mathis will attend and observe in Sacramento, CA. Carla will give apprentice trainers a daily assessment, and a more detailed online assessment after the course. Promotion materials & guidelines will be provided to participating graduates.
(Discounted tuition for students who attend will be $1,500. Participating TTT graduates will receive 15% commission for each new student they recruit for this practicum class)
For international TTT graduates who cannot attend the follow up onsite practicum to be held in Sacramento, CA, there will be a remote practicum course. Contact us for details if you would like to learn more about this option.
Mentorship program to Create a Custom Presentation
Create your own presentation tailored for the audience you will be targeting. Carla Mathis will review and give three 2-hour feedback cycles to refine and finalize it. Finally, send a video of yourself presenting to a live audience for the final round of review with feedback and refinement suggestions from Carla.
Becoming a Certified and Licensed EPSC Trainer
- When you have completed TTT and the Practicum module, you may become a Certified EPSC Trainer by entering a Licensing agreement with The Style Core to schedule, promote and teach this course on your own.
- License fees payable to The Style Core will be calculated per student who attends your EPSC courses. In USA, licensing fees start at 10% of tuition per student. This fee will be reviewed annually and may be updated based upon economy and demand.
- The Licensing agreement specifies a minimum tuition to be charged to participants of your USA based EPSC courses to be no less then 65% of TSC standard tuition (subject to change, currently this is $3,150)
- Licensed EPSC Trainers are required to submit a report within 2 weeks following each EPSC which includes student list w/contact info, post-course student evaluations, and license fees.
- License fees for student participants and minimum tuition for EPSC outside of the USA will be determined on a case by case basis based upon the local economy and discussions with Certified EPSC Trainer.
Tools needed to offer the EPSC
Licensed EPSC Trainers will need to purchase the following tools in order to offer EPSC courses;
- Level I Essential Master Color Set (15% discount available to EPSC Trainers)
- Level III Complete Master Color Set (15% discount available to EPSC Trainers)
- Paint and painting supplies for color exercises
- Level I Essential Clothing & Style Guidebooks for each student
- Course Binders with notes for each student
- Grey scales for each student